Integration with Canvas
PlagiarismCheck.org uses native Plagiarism Platform to complete an integration with Canvas LMS. It allows Canvas users to easily check submissions for similarity.
How to use an integration:
- Canvas administration needs to set up a PlagiarismCheck app. To do this, contact us for your personal token.
- Create an assignment in one of your courses and choose plagiarismcheck.org in the Plagiarism Review section. Supported types of submission are Text Entry and File Uploads.
- When students submit assignments, they must agree with our terms and conditions, as well as confirm that the file submitted is an original academic paper.
- The results of the check are available in Grades.
- You can find a detailed report in the SpeedGrader.
- To access the report, click on the similarity score.
- What are the technical characteristics of the plagiarism checking algorithm?
- It accepts the following document formats: doc, docx, pdf, txt, rtf, odt
- It accepts multiple submissions. Select several files to check at the same time
- The minimum requirement to start the check is 80 characters (~10 words)
- Maximum throughput is 1,048,576 characters (~500 pages) per document
- It works best with the English language: the algorithm runs a complex check and analysis of the paper. Nonetheless, other languages are also supported
- It accepts drafts: one user can resubmit the same file without getting false-positive results
- It supports an institution’s private repository. If you want to compare new submissions against previous student submissions, we can create an archive of documents for your school.
- How to interpret information in the similarity report? To see the guide on how to interpret information in the report, click here.
- What are teachers’ and students’ general guidelines on plagiarism? To get information about plagiarism and how to prevent it, click here. Information about paraphrasing and plagiarism is here.