Our Senior Students must complete an “All My Own Work” unit before the commence their Preliminary HSC Year. Understanding plagiarism is an important component of this unit.
Our quest to find an online plagiarism tool stemmed from our desire to:
– teach students to be responsible digital citizens in a fast-moving world
– help students identify and understand plagiarism and properly attribute the information used in the work they submit
– eliminate plagiarism (intentional and unintentional) in work students were submitting
– find an online tool that was efficient in detecting plagiarism
– future prepare our students for plagiarism requirements at university
PlagiarismCheck has helped us to stay on top of plagiarism in this digital age in a responsible and ethical manner. It has reduced the incidence of plagiarism issues in submitted work. A key benefit has been the ability to detect work that has been resubmitted by students.
The benefits of using PlagiarismCheck over free versions online include:
– Ability to check large volumes of work at once
– Storage of previous samples to prevent re-use of previously submitted tasks
– The ability to integrate the software with Google classroom to make submission easier